Sunday, November 4, 2007

Learning Processes Entry #5 (Third Official Entry)

Throughout this entire process of trying to break down exactly it is that I learn, I've discovered that the ways in which I learn are from the ways in which my peers learn best. This process has certainly made me more aware of when I am actually learning and when I am not actually learning. Based on what I've read in others' blogs, as well as based on our discussions in class, it has become apparent that people's preferred learning styles are evident in the different ways in which they pursue learning.

This lesson is something I can take with me into the classroom as a way to help my students improve their learning and study skills. By recognizing their preferred learning styles, I can then suggest study skills to them based on the suggestions made in class. Clearly, it will be easiest for me to make the most effective instructions for those students who are most like me - who like to hear something explained after reading about it. However, I realize that not everybody is like myself and it will be extremely important for me to help all of my students and point them towards study habits that might be most useful to them.

Being the list person that I am, I will be creating a collective list of the variety of study skills that this class has utilized. Based on what I know about everybody, I will be able to categorize the various practices into the three learning styles - visual, auditory, and kinesthetic. I will then be able to reference back to this list as I recognize that students need help in adjusting their study and learning habits.

No comments: